Monday, August 15, 2011

Oreo Cake

Oreo Cake, with chocolate Oreo filling, buttercream frosting, and garnished with chocolate covered Oreos,
white chocolate pieces & a chocolate "Happy Birthday" plaque.
My brother turned 29 not too long ago, so, of course, I made him a cake. It's nothing super fancy, looks wise, but it is really yummy. I have been trying to make a lot of cakes so that I can build up my recipe file. I like to try new recipes, but sometimes the recipe isn't all that great. I can't tell you how many frosting, filling and cake recipes that I have tried that just don't meet my standards. Sometimes it can be very trying on you when you make a new filling and it turns out all wrong - especially when you KNOW that it wasn't your fault it turned out that way. Well, this filling was like that. I won't use it again, or anything like it, for that matter, because it wasn't thick enough to fill a cake, and I ended up having to tweak it - a lot - to make it work. I would have just thrown out the batch and started over, but I really hate to waste food. So, onward we go! That one will not make it into my Kelly's Cakes recipe file. But the cake, on the other hand... yummy! It will definitely be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment